Tuesday, June 2, 2009

1988 Schwinn Circuit Project - Uniglide goodness




Here we have the Uniglide cassette cluster off the Circuit. When I first slid it off the hub, it was black with grease - I couldn't tell what was underneath all that gunk. After disassembling the cogs cluster and shooting it with the good ol' Simple Green, I was pleasantly surprised to find the beautiful chrome plating you see in the picture. Awesome!
I was doubly pleased that the cogs show very little wear at all! Uniglide cogs are difficult if not impossible to find in certain sizes these days.
Ultimately, however, bikes and parts are made to be used and this cassette will look great with the rest of the Sante bling!
You can see more of my co-worker's photography on his Flickr photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment