Monday, July 6, 2009

1988 Schwinn Circuit Project - Look & Cinelli







Ok, you got me. The Look pedals aren't original or OEM, but they did come with the Circuit, presumably swapped in by one of the previous owners. Looks like (no pun intended) I'll be keeping them when I build the bike up again, especially considering the red and white goes with the color scheme perfectly and is just plain dope.
I cleaned and polished up the right-hand pedals and left the other side untouched for a 'before & after' comparison. I guess it was pretty muddy where this Circuit was last ridden.
I don't know if the first Look pedals that came out in '85 also came in the red and white colors as well or if these are indeed a later generation model that's featured in the magazine scan. I do seem to recall the first Look pedals were white with black trim and had non-adjustable tension. I haven't been able to locate a tension adjustment on these pedals yet or a date code.
Last, we have the venerable Cinelli stem. Nothing particularly special I have to say about this - 1-E model, anodized aluminum, a few scratches and insertion marks, except, "Hey, it's a Cinelli!"

No comments:

Post a Comment