Monday, September 28, 2009

Cycling in Lake Tahoe

I recently spent a weekend in Lake Tahoe, and of course, took along a trusty steed with me to see what the road biking is all about up there. The Rockhopper might have been a more obvious choice, but I discovered way back that mountain biking just wasn't my thing any more and the road is where I belong.
Both days I rode out and back along the length of Pioneer Trail. I would've preferred the nicer views along Highway 50, but the super-narrow shoulders combined with heavy traffic was a big enough deterrent for me to stay away, although I did see quite a few riders braving the conditions.
Highway 89 has a designated bike lane, but was a bit out of my way.
So without further ado, here's some pics from my rides around the South Lake area.

These 2 pics were taken from around Taylor Creek. I didn't get a chance to ride over here, but I'm definitely going to ride a Highway 89 route next time I'm up there!



The next four pics are all from along the Pioneer Trail. It's a nice, short(ish) ride, about 17 mi. or so out to Myers and back. The altitude takes a bit of getting used to, but overall a nice ride.





These pics are from around where we stayed, on Ski Run Blvd. Dig the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment