Thursday, February 10, 2011

More of Phil Anderson's Motorola Merckx





















Good ol Maui's been pretty busy letting the other guys do the dirty work this time around.

As you know from the previous posts, the Motorola Merckx I acquired didn't have the original fork. Luckily, I was able to track down a replacement fork and have it color-matched, cut to size, and have the threads extended.


A BIG shout out to D&D Cycles of San Lorenzo. They did a fantastic job color-matching the fork - you'd think it was the original fork on there. Needless to say, D&D will get all my business as long as they're around. Check 'em out if you have a respray in mind for the future.


And let's not forget another HUGE thank you to Justin at Velo Sport in Berkeley. Back in 2006, they prepped the frame as well as installed the HS and BB of my Colnago Altain and did such a stupendous job, they were the only shop I'd trust to do the work on the Merckx. This time around, they cut and threaded the fork, installed a NOS Dura Ace 7400 headset, and chased the threads of the BB. Another great job! Justin's a great guy, know his stuff well, and tells it like it is. Check out Velo Sport if you're in the East Bay.


Have a look at the pics and look for more updates as the build progresses!

Oh yeah, and you'll notice I replaced the Selle Italia Flite saddle with an Avocet Racing II saddle. And I've still got lots more nifty parts to hang on this bike soon!



Note to the long-suffering Specialized Allez fans: The work on the 1987 Allez SE is just about complete; I just need to do some detail work before I snap some pics, but I PROMISE I'll have those up sometime this month!












No comments:

Post a Comment