Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oops! I did it again!

Ok boys and girls, a quick update. After scouring the usual places since last summer and finding absolutely nothing, I've finally come across something worthy of the MauisVintage treatment!
It's a diamond on the rough at the moment, but an absolutely iconic example of 80's cycling and something I'd been hunting for a long time. I'm giddy with excitement. The wife, however, is not, and is nagging me to sell something.

Stay tuned for more updates (about the bike, not my wife's nagging.)

In other news - After waffling about it for years, I've finally sent out a peeled mess of a Merckx fork to be re-chromed. If you've been reading along until now, you know I'm a big proponent of keeping things original so I agonized over what to do for a long time. Well, the rest of the Merckx is so pristine, I finally gave in and handed it over to the guys at the local chrome platers near my house. I expect to get it back soon.
If any of you are wondering, here in CA, the cost for such a job will run you about $145. We'll see in the coming days if it was worth it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment