Saturday, May 8, 2010

1987 Centurion Ironman Expert Review

In tribute to this week's opening of Iron Man 2, here we have an Ironman of a different color.


This review is from the February 1987 issue of Bicycling magazine. I'm far from an expert on Centurions or the Ironman model; about all I know is that they offer a lot of bang for your buck and I certainly wouldn't kick one out of my garage (if it happened to find its way in there despite my wife's protests). And, as a valued, and astute blog reader pointed out in my previous Ironman post, the color is "magenta" and definitely not pink.





4 comments:

  1. sorry for stealing your 1987 ironman photos!

    i must say, my bike is a dream. the tange 1 frame at 63cm is stiff yet forgiving. it is great for fast 50 mile rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just picked one of these up on ebay-- very excited to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up a master with the 600 components. Fastest bike I've ridden so far. I'm a big man in both height and weight. I'm using cycling to lose weight and this is my new tool. 65lbs lost and this bike will get me to the finish line 50lbs away. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete