Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Well, boys and girls, the 4th of July is almost upon us and what better way to celebrate our nation's birth than with the patriotic colors of the Motorola Team? And now, without further delay, I present to you Phil Anderson's 1991 Team Motorola Eddy Merckx!











I'll have full details soon in an upcoming post and hopefully better pictures. My camera's battery squirreled itself away in hiding somehow and I had to use an older backup camera. Hope y'all enjoy the pics and I'll do a full writeup in the coming days. In the meantime, hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!










2 comments:

  1. great bike! i recall an article in Winning magazine in the early '90s when Phil mentioned a customization he did to his handlebars at the time: cutting 2-3cm off each end to shorten them up a little, save a few grams, and give a racier feel.

    i've done that to my bars ever since, but i dont recall ever seeing a photo of one of phil's bikes so modified.

    is that handlebar original to the bike? just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that great tidbit of info! Unfortunately, none of the parts on this bike are original to the frame - it is merely an approximation of how I think the bike would have appeared during its time with the Motorola team during the '91 season. Heck, I don't even know if Phil ever actually rode this thing. :)
    Although it would be great to be as accurate as possible and modify the handlebars to give it that unique personal touch, I think I'm dangerous enough with just a screwdriver that I don't need to be messing around with a hacksaw...
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete